More than one hundred times Brazilian champion, Fabiola´s increased her legacy in the tournament
Participation in the 41st Jose Finkel Trophy, in São Paulo between 20 – 25 August, definitely put the swimmer Fabiola Molina like one of the greats swimmers in Brazil history.
In the pool more than 10 times between heats, semifinal and finals, Fabiola won 04 medals (02 golds, 01 silver and 01 bronze), and her team the Minas Tenis, reach the tournament title.
The Fabiola Molina Results at José Finkel Throphy:
Gold Medal - 100m backstroke – 58 “88 (proves that led to the London Olympics in July).
Gold Medal – 4 × 100 Medley Relay – 3’58”38
(Fabiola Molina, Paula Renata Sander, Inge Dekker and Johanna Frederike Heemskerk)
Silver Medal – 50m backstroke – 27 “28
Bronze Medal – 200m backstroke – 2′11″ 58
4th place – 100m butterfly – 59 “38
With the End of Finkel 2012, Fabiola, and her husband – the swimmer Diogo Yabe, returned to the U.S. where they lives, to review some of their american friends, and then will take a few days off in Brazil, returning to the pools soon.
After her participation in the Olympics Games in Sydney 2000, Beijing 2008 and London 2012, the swimmer Fabíola Molina will devote more time to her other carrer. The 37 years old athlete, began to define a career before the announcement of retirement.
Since 2004, maintains, with her mother helps a fashion sports and beach brand. Today the clothes are produced in Sao Jose dos Campos (SP) are exported to over 20 countries.
Fabíola Molina is out of the semifinal of the 100m backstroke in London by finishing in 24th place the classification with the time 1min01s40.
- Unfortunately, today I could not do a very good time, but I’m satisfied with everything I’ve been doing and representing. But swimming is difficult to explain. Reach the level that we arrive at the Olympics, is not easy. You must be very well. It´s better see on this way – said the athlete. (mais…)
The Brazilian swimmer arrived in London on Sunday to start the final period of training before the Olympics. Fabiola Molina, one of the most experience athlete of the Brazilian group, compete in the 100m backstroke.
Fabiola´s is very concentrated for the most important competition of the year.
Fabíola Molina and her husband (also a swimmer, Diogo Yabe), moments before boarding to London
Fabíola Molina arrives at the Crystal Palace in London, where she will compete her third Olympics Games (Photo: Terra)
Swimmer of São José dos Campos makes 37 years in May and has good possibilities to go for the third Olympics Games; in the first semester, it she will have two attempts of index.
In 2008, in the Pequim´s Games, the joseense swimmer Fabíola Molina was with 33 years and, everything indicated, that should be her last participation in a Olympics Games. However, today, almost arriving at the 37 years, she has great possibilities of classifying for the games of London-2012. To obtain the index, she will have that to do 1min00s82 in the 100 meters coasts, time that the athlete already had reached in the last year, (1min00s43).
In the first semester, she will be have two possibilities: in the South American Championship and also in the Lenk Maria.
She is confident. Now you reads the main stretches of the interview granted for Fabíola, that currently trains in the United States and answered by email. (mais…)
“Doping is very difficult, therefore not condiz with my reality and who I always was”
One of the main swimmers of Brazil, with participation in the Olimpíadas of Sidney and Pequim, detainer of the South American records of 50 and 100 meters I swim coasts, and 100 meters I swim butterfly in swimming pool of 25 meters, beyond the South American records of 50 and 100 meters I swim of coasts in swimming pool of 50 meters. The swimmer Fabiola Molina granted an exclusive interview to the Clube Fanáticos, where it spoke of its career, personal life and of the controversial examination antidoping it took off that it of the dispute of the World-wide one of Aquatic Sports of Xangai in 2011. It confers the exclusive interview with the swimmer Fabiola Molina. (mais…)
MVP SPORTS | Fabíola Molina takes trophy of better index technician after opened of swimming in the RIO DE JANEIRO
The Opened one of Swimming 2011 that it happened in the Complex Lenk Maria in the last end of week, was very positive for the swimmer Fabíola Molina who won four tests and still she conquered as a place.
In the first day of competition, the athlete fell in the swimming pool and won for 50m coasts of the Open with the 28″31, as well as in 50m coasts of the Daltely Trophy, with the 28″25. Still for the Daltely Trophy, Molina disputed 100m butterfly and took 00 silver writing down 1′00″39.
No longer Saturday and sunday, Fabíola Molina won two times 100m coasts with 01 101 times of 1″01″48 and 1′01″38.
For the test of 50m coasts, the swimmer still took the trophy of better index technician in the Senior Championship and also in the Open. With the excellent results of the São Paulo athlete, the Minas Tênis Clube, still conquered the third rank in the national Ranking of Clubs 2011 with 284 points. The Open de Natação and the Daltely Trophy had been disputed in Rio De Janeiro of 14 the 18 of December and Fabíola Molina represented the Mines Tennis Club.
With two days of competition in the Complex Maria Lenk, the swimmer Fabíola Molina already won two tests and conquered as a place.
The athlete fell in the swimming pool and won for 50m coasts of the Open with the time of 28″ 31, as well as in 50m coasts of the Daltely Trophy, with the time of 28″ 25. Still for the Daltely Trophy, Molina disputed 100m butterfly and took the silver writing down 1′ 00″ 39.
The Open de swimming and the Daltely Trophy are disputed in Rio De Janeiro of 14 the 18 of December and Fabíola Molina represents the Minas Tênis Clube.
It happened in the afternoon of this tuesday (13/12) in the Court of the Supreme Cut of the Sport (CAS/TE), the judgment of the athlete Fabíola Molina who ingested for incautiousness the metil-hexanamina substance.
The examination that proved the substance in organizsmo of Fabíola was made in 22 of April of this year, when the athlete was intent with the Brazilian delegation in London. Yesterday the athlete presented its defense next to the judges of the cut and final seeming will have to leave in up to 15 days.
Fabíola Molina is tranquila how much its absolution and waits the final result to continue representing Brazil in the best possible way.
The swimmer disembarked in Brazil where she will compete for XXI the Senior Brazilian of Swimming, in the Complex Lenk Maria, in Rio De Janeiro, searching olímpico index.
Fabíola Molina disembarks in Brazil in this tuesday to dispute XXI the Senior Brazilian, match that will happen in the Complex Lenk Maria of 14 the 18 of December, in the River.
According to Molina, the tests had been not yet defined that will go to compete, being probably coasts and butterfly. Valley to remember that fabíola will go to search indices to guarantee itself in the olimpíadas ones of London, in 2012.
Liveing in the Flórida with the husband and swimmer Diogo Yabe, Fabíola must not have time to kill the homesicknesses of its native land, therefore the swimmer must compete in the Europe after that.
*** This marked for the afternoon of this tuesday (13/12), the judgment of the Fabíola Molina in the Court of the Supreme Cut of the Sport (CAS/TE), so that the case occurred in 22 of April of this year is locked up, when athlete ingested for incautiousness the metil-hexanamina substance. Until the moment resolution does not exist on the case, but we will bring up to date the official information in the next hours.
Brought up to date in: 13/12/2011 to the 17:08
The swimmer Fabíola Molina fell in the swimming pool in this last end of week to dispute the Senior Nationals Swimming, disputed in U.S.A. The Brazilian superchampion swam for 100m butterfly, beyond its specialty, 100m coasts.
- The two tests had been in the same day and as they more than had 1000 athletes in the competition, well it was delayed. I did not obtain to rest the sufficient, but exactly thus I was satisfied with my results, making one better time and making one end. It was not aiming at this competition to be in the peak, therefore we have the Brazilian in one week – Molina said.
The results had been very satisfactory and as it competed with many athletes, Fabíola could have a parameter of what it is developing for the olimpíadas dispute of the year that comes. In the style coasts, it if it classified for the end, when it made the 1.02,54 time, and in the butterfly it beat a personal record and it made optimum time of its career, 1.00,19, obtaining the tenth fourth rank.
Killing the homesicknesses of Brazil, Fabíola disembarks in Rio De Janeiro, of 14 the 18 of December, to dispute XXI the Senior Brazilian Championship of Swimming, in the complex Maria Lenk.
It would like to gain a t-shirt autographed for the Fabíola Molina? The swimmer goes to give its fans with an exclusive part of its grife.
To obtain its souvenir of the experienced swimmer with an exclusive dedication, she is enough to send a message in twitter with hashtag #FabiolaLondres being said what the Fabíola Molina represents for Brazilian swimming. The reply most creative she takes the prize. GOOD LUCK! (mais…)
Fabíola already is in U.S.A. to the side of the husband Diogo Yabe if recouping of the Games of Guadalajara, that beyond one consumes physicist, also it affects the emotional one.
But who thinks that the swimmer life is easy if is deceptive, the athlete is in preparation for the Nationals Senior swimming, American match who Fabíola must dispuitar the tests of 100m coasts, 100m butterfly, 100m exempts and 50m exempts.
The competition goes of 01 the 04 of December in Atlanta and he will not be aúltima of Fabíola in 2011.
Of 14 the 18 of December, Fabíola Molina falls in the swimming pool of the complex Lenk Maria to dispute the Open Brazilian in tests to be definite, being probably coasts and butterfly.
Swimmer works again not to be surprised by equipment ‘ not adjusted’ in London
Recognized as one of the main swimmers of the country, Fabíola Molina knows of its importance for the modality and therefore she was not even total satisfied with its individual result in ” Pan mariachi”. Molina still demonstrates certain frustration for not having taken bronze for four hundredth when it swam for 100m coasts in Guadalajara.
- I was well sad. With the problem that I had in the exit – of the plate to be smooth and I not to obtain to make a good start of test – I confused the test all and I did not make what I was programmed. Then I was sad for not having had the performance that I could make due to the equipment of the competition (to placar) not to be adjusted – the Brazilian athlete commented more than 100 times champion. (mais…)
San Luis of Potosí/MÉX – When one beginning in Games Pan-Americans, to another one nor was been born. Fabíola Molina, the Lady Pan, goes for its fifth edition, and Gabriela Rock, the youngest child of the Brazilian team of swimming to the 16 years, same age with that Fabíola was youngest of the team in the Games of Havana/91, can repeat the same trajectory.
Fabíola conquered four medals in the competition: silver in 100m coasts in the Rio/2007; bronze in 4×100m medley in Sea Del Plata/95 and Winnipeg/99; e bronze in 100m coasts in Mar del Plata. It was to be five pódios, but bronze of the rotation 4×100m medley in Rio De Janeiro was annulled had to doping of Rebeca Gusmão.
Gabriela is the current youthful Brazilian champion of 200m, 400m, 800m and 4×100m exempts. Been born in Vitória/ES, it will dispute 800m exempts in Guadalajara.
- It goes to be a fantastic experience. It is my first time in the altitude, but if everything to give certain, can enter in end and lower my times. Four Nations competed in the Match, in July, in Canada, that was soon after the selective pan-American of them. E the two Canadians who if had classified for Guadalajara in my test had competed with me. I conquered the silver medal, losing pra one and being successful to another one – Gabriela said, student of 2º year of average education and that it thinks about studying fisioterapia.
Fabíola went pro its as Pan when Gabriela was born.
- This is a more mature generation. Now, the sport is much more professional. The advice who could give the Gabi was of if keeping intent in what to make. To forget the adversaries, who is in the ray to the side, if it has fame or records. He makes its test. But nor necessary to speak, therefore I vi giving interview and one to it of the first things that it spoke am of that he was focada in the competition. When he had 16 years, never would say this. She was a child, shy pacas, almost did not speak. Today I speak until excessively. But it said pra to use to advantage the moment, to tan the Village, to value these things, what of pra to make without losing the concentration – Fabíola played.
Analyzing its four Pans (it was of is of Santo Domingo /2003), Fabíola remembers each edition with details.
- In 91, she was a traveller. It was happy alone for being there. Beyond new, I was without mine technician and I was a little scared. Already in 95, more mature and conscientious, therefore it had IDO to live in the United States in the previous year, I conquered my first medals. In Winnipeg/99 he was half stranger. I disputed many tests – 100m and 200m coasts and 200m and 400m medley – and had been sick a little before. It was not happy in New York, where it trained – it said
Fabíola, that finished for not obtaining the vacant pra following edition, in the Dominican Republic.
- Later lode a black period, of the end of 2002 up to 2003, when I did not obtain the vacant for the Pan. My consolation was to see the Diogo to enter in the teams (Diogo Yabe, husband of Fabíola and also in the election for Guadalajara). But I started to value other things. Vi that it was placing swimming above of my life. I passed for a renewal process to accept to be of it are of the election, to search answers… and this fortified me to everything. I learned very and vi that it was not lesser for being of are of the Pan-American. E finally, in another phase, came the Pan of Rio De Janeiro, when I liveed in Italy. To compete in house was good, but also it was difficult, since my grandmother faleceu a little before. I swam for it and until today I do not know as I conquered the silver of 100m coasts. The day amanheceu cold and turned the 50 meters well behind. Seeing the video later, I perceived that it was in room place the five meters of the arrival. This medal was a gift – the Lady Pan of Brazilian swimming concluded.
In Guadalajara, Fabíola competes in 100m coasts in as the day (16/10) and integrates 4×100m medley in the last day of swimming (21/10). Already Gabriela Rock disputes the eliminatory ones of 800m exempts in day 18/10 and if to be between the eight finalistas, comes back to the swimming pool in the following day.
MVP SPORTS | ‘Each Pan is one história’ Fabiola says that participates of the match for the fifth time
Fabiola Molina goes in search of more medals for Brazil in its fifth participation in the match most important of Americas. Still inexperienced, Molina made its estreia in the games of 1991 in the Havana city, in Cuba, and of pra it had only one hiato in the games here there, was in the panamericano of Santo Domingo in 2003, only one in last the 20 years that the athlete did not participate.
They had come Sea of Plata, in 1995 in Argentina, where it conquered two bronze medals, one in the 100 meters coasts and another one in the modality 4×100 meters medley e, after that, was to the games of Winnipeg in Canada in 1999, and again the native of São Paulo of 4×100 Is Jose of the fields brought bronze of the rotation medley.
In 2009 in the Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian athlete showed to greater evolution before its previous participation and in the 100 meters coasts she conquered the silver medal playing in house. Of novice it has a swimmer respected in the whole world, Fabiola goes for Guadalajara in search of so dreamed gold and with status of more experienced of the group, it believes that the union between the athletes will be important it Brazil to conquer medals.
- Each Pan is a different history. It always has a challenge and an emotion more. This exchange of experience enters new and oldest it is very important and it helps all. I am always improving and searching new marks. E does not go to be different of this time – Fabiola to the site of the COB.
Bad news for those who waiting to buy their Pan American tickets until the last minute: 400,000 of the 700,000 available tickets have been sold and the semifinals of the popular sports like soccer are already sold out.
According to the Mexican newspaper, El Informador, sports like swimming, the pentathlon, and gymnastics will have their venues filled, as well as sports like basketball and softball. the value of these tickets vary between 20 and 300 Mexican pesos (between 1 and 20 dollars).
The tickets for the opening ceremony of the Games in Omnnilife Stadium are already sold out. For those that have hopes of watching the opening and closing ceremonies of the Pan-Am games, there are good news: there are still tickets for the closing ceremony of the continental competition on October 30.
The tickets available to the public in general can be acquired through internet–on Ticketmaster–or in the box offices in Guadalajara. The direct sale of tickets at the 23 venues will take place between October 1 and October 7.
Tickets that are already sold out:
- Opening ceremony
- Aquatic sports
- Modern Pentathlon
- Basketball Semifinals and final
- Softball Semifinals and final
- Soccer Semifinals and final
- Tennis Final
- Equestrian Jump
The Scotiabank Aquatics Center, located in the Metropolitan Park in Guadalajara and it can hold more than 3,500 spectators, will receive all the swimming competitions at Pan-American games. Concluded in June 2011, the arena was built specially for this occasion. It has two 50 m swimming pools and a diving pit large enough to accommodate synchronized swimming and water polo.
Check out the photos:
Considering a good performance at Pan-American games, in October, at Guadalajara, the Brazilian swimmer Fabiola Molina, 36, is ready to leave her country. Her destiny will be the USA, where she’ll make a final preparation for the competition in Mexico.
“Guadalajara is my next challenge and I will keep my schedule until there, but with some adjustments. I’m leaving Brasília and now the rest of my preparation will be outside the country. We finish the cycle here and I’m very excited for this next phase in my career”, said Molina.
After a “marathon swimming” at Trophy José Finkel with four golden medals, Fabiola believes that the national competition also helped in the preparation for October, in Mexico.
“Every competition is an experience, this one will count for the Pan-American games as well. I believe that last week [at José Finkel] also helped for my preparation, to analyze what’s going well or wrong until there”.
The Pan-American games start’s at 14th October, in Guadalajara, México.